Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Two More Worth Drinking

Hello Fellow Wine Lovers!

The holiday weekend just ended and I thought of the wine I drank over the last couple of days and two stood out as fantastic values. (I'm surprised I could remember as much as I consumed, enough to wipe out a small village) Anyway...

I usually don't drink chardonnay (unless of course it is from France) because I don't like how the American wine makers address this particular grape. My lovely wife brought home this little gem and it wasn't half bad! Concannon Central Coast Chardonnay. It has a medium body with tropical fruits on the palate with just a touch of oak at the end. $6.99! (Even if you don't like this thing, pour it in your windshield washer tank at this price)

Italian wines always remind me of where they come from... Italy duh! What I mean by this statement is that you can always tell an Italian wine by the nose... it smells like you are in Italy! Sun, food, pasta, pizza, art, love... you get the idea!

Salice Salentino Riserva 2004 is an example of what I am referring to. Open this up and let it breath for a bit before you try it. It is tighter than your Uncle at Christmas time! Once it opens up i is full of Italy in a glass. Dark fruits, figs, with a touch of spice and a long elegant finish with enough tannins to stand up to what is on your plate. At $9.99 a bottle you cannot go wrong with this little beauty!

Both are available at Wine Discount Center.

Cheers!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment