Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chateau Fonchereau Bordeaux




Hello Wine Lovers!
Another Bordeaux entry this week! You're asking how the heck am I finding Bordeaux wines under $10? Well, me too! I usually skip the Bordeaux aisle when looking to find a wine to write about since my entries must be $10 or less. But lately the Bordeaux aisle has been calling me. I took the challenge and I am pleasantly surprised with the level of quality and depth of the wines from this beautiful region at this price point!
Chateau Fonchereau Bordeaux Superieur, with your Binny's card (which I find much more important that a Jewel card) $9.99! You will find this wine to be deep purple in color with lovely notes of tobacco and dark plum and blackberry fruit with a touch of earthy undertones and nice, silky finish. You will be quite impressed with this wine the more you drink it. it will not let you down! Now a little about this great wine growing region. I promise to keep it relatively short...
Bordeaux Superieur is an appellation which covers the whole of the Bordeaux region, from Verdon-sur-Mer at the north-western tip of the Medoc to Sainte-Foy, 80 miles to the east. Bordeaux Superieur is a title in its own right, specifically covering both red and white wines. The reds have a slightly higher alcoholic content than standard Bordeaux, are aged for longer in oak barrels, a minimum of 12 months, and are produced from older vines. Bordeaux Superieur wines are produced from the classic grape varieties for this Region. The reds are made from Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Carmenere, Merlot and Malbec. The Bordeaux viticultural region stretches for 80 miles inland from the Atlantic coast. It is home to more than 10,000 producers, who turn out a vast quantity of wine in every vintage. These range from simple table wines to some of the world’s most expensive and prestigious labels. The majority of the vineyards are planted with red wine grapes, although some white varieties are used in the production of dry white and sparkling wines. The remainder go into the region's highly regarded sweet wines. There, I told you i could do it. Trust me when I say, "Go fill up your car with this wine".
Cheers!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment