Sunday, November 27, 2011

Four Vines Naked Chardonnay





Hello Wine Lovers!
I thought today I would not only talk about a wine but since Thanksgiving has just passed, and it reminded me of so many traditions that I'm quite sure we all have, I would also talk about just that... traditions. Wikipedia defines "tradition"as a ritual, belief or object passed down within a society, still maintained in the present, with origins in the past. The holidays always bring about memories of my family traditions I grew up with. Some I didn't understand at the time, some I passed on to my own family, and some have gone by the way side. I'm sure you have many traditions of your own and I hope reading this reminds you of them and sparks a few laughs!
I'm going to start with a few beginning with Thanksgiving. I always run a 5k on the morning of Thanksgiving. My reward for that is a glass of champagne and a nice cigar. Next comes football, I always watch the Cowboys on Thanksgiving! I'm willing to bet you watch football too... it's an American tradition. Next comes a dear friend's tradition, after football, eating the bird, smoking a cigar, he then begins to mumble (because he had too much wine)and we all bet what time the mumbling will show it's ugly head. We share a few laughs at his expense, but all in fun. We then pass the calendar and we all pick a day for the first snowfall, winner gets a bottle of champagne! Another tradition is to begin to decorate the house for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, not a day sooner, not a day after, Friday. Christmas music, the tree gets delivered, the lights, the ornaments, the fire place burning... you get the picture! The next tradition we have is we always volunteer for one of my darling wife's causes the first week of December. A time to give thanks and to share with the less fortunate. I hope this has sparked a few memories, traditions of your own, and maybe thoughts of your old childhood traditions.
Finally the wine... Four Vines Naked Chardonnay, for about $9 at Wine Discount Center and Binny's. Why is it called "Naked" you ask? No oak! That's why I am writing about it! You can actually taste the grapes and not the oak, this wine is clean and naked! This Chardonnay was fermented in 100% stainless steel and is crisp, concentrated Chardonnay with all its natural acid. You will find apple, white peach, and pear, finishing long with hints of citrus and mineral. This wine is a perfect match for oysters and friends! Enjoy it often! The pictures posted with this entry are all of Four Vines and the winemaker.

Cheers!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment