Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Pinot Project









Hello Wine Lovers!
I missed everyone last week! Just didn't have enough time to post a blog, but I did have time to drink... which of course leads to more entries here. So that being said I drank a very nice and interesting Pinot Noir called the The Pinot Project 2009.
The inaugural vintage of 2009 The Pinot Project drinks as an absolutely delicious, yet serious, Pinot Noir that any wine lover would be proud to pour liberally at their dinner table! Hand-crafted from the finest California Pinot Noir grapes. Pure Pinot aromas and flavors -- black cherries kissed by oak and complimented by just the right amount of Asian spice. This wine has body, structure and yet very elegant and mouth pleasing. I know some of you out there find Pinot Noirs too soft and light, now I will be the first to tell ya, this is not a Cabernet but I feel many anti-Pinot drinkers will find this wine enjoyable! It will set you back about $9.99 at Binny's and worth every penny!
My white wine entry for today is a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, Brancott is the producer and it will set you back a whopping $7.99 at Binny's with your Binny's Card. You will find this wine to be lush and a mouthful of fruit. A wonderful Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand. Refreshing grapefruit, and tropical aromas with notes of minerals and melon flavors on the finish. It has the typical characteristics of a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, and I think you will find it up your alley!

Cheers!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment