Monday, June 21, 2010

California Killer Cabernet


Hello Wine Lovers!

I hope all of you Fathers out there had a great day on Sunday! I know I did... a special thanks to my Family and friends who always make things special for me!

I am going to talk about two things today, a great bottle of Cabernet and a wine aerator. First lets talk about the wine! Jade Mountain Cabernet. This beauty is a blend of Cabernet from 3 counties in California, 55% Napa, 41% Sonoma and 4% Lake counties. It is aged in both American and French oak and is an extremely elegant and polished for a wine at this price point... $10.99! You will get a nose full of violets and dark berries with a touch of vanilla with a little chocolate on your palate. It has a long finish with enough structure to handle food. This wine is far better than the price tag!

Next I want to talk about the Vinturi Wine Aerator. I must admit I was not a believer until I experienced it myself. Last week some dear friends had us over for a little dinner party. The gracious host served a couple of really good Zinfandels. I made a comment that one of them was tight and he got up and retrieved his Vinturi Wine Aerator and proceeded to quickly pour the wine through this little device and presto... better wine! I then asked him to pour two glasses, one with the aerator and one without. Much to my surprise, there was a big difference! I suggest any wine drinker out there should purchase one of these little numbers! I found them on Amazon.com for about $20-25. It basically works by exposing more of the volume of the wine to air and oxygen thus opening up the bouquet and pulling more flavors and even smooths out the wine. A small investment to enjoy your wine even more!


Cheers!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment