Sunday, December 6, 2009

Zanie Zinfandel


Hello Wine Drinkers!


It was my beautiful wife's birthday celebration dinner last night and our future son in law (it certainly is a possibility) brought a zinfandel for dinner. Usually at this point I take the bottle and put it in the cellar and thank the person who brought it and move on to what I had planned to serve. But, this little number I recognized and it would be a good match for what I was serving. Four Vines 2007 Old Vine Cuvee Zinfandel. This wine was less than $10 and drinks like a $20 dollar bottle. You will find dark plum, blackberry and raisin flavors and a hint of anise on the nose with a long smooth finish with just enough oak and tannins to make it interesting and a good match to food. Choose steak, pizza or even a nice burger to match with this beauty. This is a blend from different appellations that the wine maker decided would make a great wine, and I think he did it!

Should you get the chance check out their website...www.fourvines.com


Cheers!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment